Portugal's natural history collections
Learn about the institution, the collections they hold and view records of specimens that have been databased. Currently only the collections of Portugal partners are shown. Over time this list will expand to include all natural history collections in Portugal.
Click a button to only show those organisms.
Click on a map pin to see the collections at that location. Use the map controls to zoom into an area of interest. Or drag your mouse while holding the shift key to zoom to an area.
indicates there are multiple collections at this location.
No collections are selected. Click on a collection name to see more details including the digitised specimen records for the collection. Collections not shown on the map (due to lack of location information) are marked .
- Amphibia collection of the Museu Nacional de História Natural e da Ciência, Universidade de Lisboa, Portugal
- Azorean Biodiversity Portal
- Bibliographic records of Angola mammals
- Bryophyte collection
- Bryophyte collection of Porto Herbarium (PO)
- Coimbra Collection of Algae
- Dados de ocorrência de espécies da flora da Guiné-Bissau
- EDP Baixo Sabor: Herpetology – Baseline Studies 
- EDP Foz Tua: Arthropoda – Environmental Impact Assessment [2006-2008]
- Flora-On: occurrence data of the flora of mainland Portugal
- Herbário João de Carvalho e Vasconcellos, I.S.A./U.T.L.
- Ichthyological Collection of the Museu Oceanográfico do Rei D. Carlos I
- IICT Colecção Zoológica
- IICT Herbário LISC
- Insect Collection from the Museu Nacional de História Natural e da Ciência, Universidade de Lisboa, Portugal
- Lichen collection
- LISU Herbario Angola
- Macromycetes in Portugal Update
- Mesopelagic Community off the North Western Portuguese Coast between 1998 and 2000
- Micoteca da Universidade do Minho
- Moluscos Marinhos de Augusto Nobre
- Occurrence records of rust fungi (Pucciniales) in Portugal
- Ornithological Collection of the Museu Oceanográfico do Rei D. Carlos I
- Portuguese Seaweeds
- Sightings Map of Invasive Plants in Portugal
- Specimens of Huffmanela lusitana of the Collection of Pathology of IPMA
- The Orthoptera of Castro Verde Special Protection Area (Southern Portugal)