National Museum of Natural History and Science, University of LisbonAcronym: MUHNAC
The National Museum of Natural History and Science dates from 1768. It was integrated in the University of Lisbon since its foundation in 1911 http://www.mnhnc.ul.pt)
The Museum holds scientific collections on botany, zoology, anthropology, geology and paleontology, totaling over 620,000 specimens.
Contribuição para o Portal
The Museum is fully engaged in the mission of documenting the diversity of natural world, making first hand science through innovative R&D in the life sciences and history of science.
- Amphibia collection of the Museu Nacional de História Natural e da Ciência, Universidade de Lisboa, Portugal The Amphibia collection of the Museu Nacional de História Natural e da Ciência, Universidade de Lisboa, Portugal, comprises about 980 accessions, corresponding to about 3500 specimens. The majority of the specimens were collected and entered in the collection in 1980s and 1990s, after the catastrophic fire that destroyed almost all the zoological collections of the former Museu Bocage in 1978...
- Bryophyte collection The Bryophyte Collection available through this resource includes more than 21 000 records of preserved specimens from Portugal maintained at the LISU Herbarium. It includes the vast majority of species cited for Portugal, from all regions in the country. However, there is some predominance of samples from Natural Parks, in particular from Serra da Estrela and Peneda-Gerês...
- Insect Collection from the Museu Nacional de História Natural e da Ciência, Universidade de Lisboa, Portugal The Entomological collection of the National Museum of Natural History and Science, of the University of Lisbon, Portugal, comprises over 33 000 accessions, corresponding to about 66 000 specimens. The collection was restarted in the 1980s, after a fire destroyed most of the museum’s zoological collections in 1978...
- LISU Herbario Angola The Angola colection of Vascular Plants kept at Herbarium LISU has ca. 6250 specimens (this number does not include the F. Welwitsch collection from Angola). Of the 6131 specimens in the data base, 454 are identified only to family level and 1028 to genus level. The collection includes important material collected by Capello & Ivens, Serpa Pinto, Sisenando Marques, Anchieta and J. Gossweiler.
- Lichen collection The Lichen Collection available through this resource includes about 2700 records of preserved specimens from Portugal, maintained at the LISU Herbarium, and collected by Maurice Pugh Jones. It includes collections from the period 1970-2002. The total number of lichen specimens existing in the herbarium is about 50 000, and includes the Carlos N. Tavares collection...
Estatísticas de uso
A procurar... o numero de registos que podem ser acedidos através do Portal de Dados de Biodiversidade de Portugal.Clique para ver os registos para o National Museum of Natural History and Science, University of Lisbon.
Ultima atualização de metadados a 2016-09-09 20:23:36.0